Research Office & Health Sciences Library
Health Sciences Library:
The Health Sciences Library offers resources and services to support our residents. Details about those services, and access to the resources, is available from the website: www.nosm.ca/library.
In order to access any of the licensed resources from off-campus, you will be prompted to enter your NOSM username & password. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the library.
Research Consultations are available to residents seeking library support for their resident research project. During a research consultation Librarians can:
- Offer assistance with search strategies
- Advise on search terminology (e.g. MeSH and other subject headings)
- Provide guidance to and/or instruction on appropriate database (e.g. Medline, CINAHL, etc.)
- Provide support with Citation Management Tools (e.g. Zotero)
- Orient residents to other library services or resources available in support of research (e.g. Interlibrary loans)
To request a research consultation complete the “Book a Librarian” request form: https://www.nosm.ca/library/book-a-librarian/
Research and Graduate Studies Office Services:
The NOSM Research and Graduate Studies Office assists residents involved in research by providing the resources and guidance needed for success. The Research Office publishes a bi-weekly newsletter, Research Matters, and residents are encouraged to subscribe to it. In the newsletter you will find funding opportunities, news from the Research Office, and updates on research related events.
Residents who are interested in learning about research at NOSM can also find more information by visiting our website.
Residents who are looking for research awards and funding are encouraged to go to our Resident Research page.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us directly at email@example.com