Faculty Appointment Opportunities
Consider an Appointment in the Division of Clinical Sciences!
With an appointment, faculty enjoy:
- Faculty membership and an appointment with the School
- Regular notices and newsletters regarding activities and developments at the School
- Updates regarding medical advances in Northern Ontario
- Inclusion in a network of health professionals who share similar academic and clinical interests
- Opportunity to provide mentorship for future physicians
- Involvement in the recruitment of colleagues
- Participation in the newest medical school in Canada
- CME credits for participation in teaching and faculty development events
- Use of academic title for grants, promotions, and award applications
- Access to the medical school and University libraries
- Access to NOSM’s Alternate Funding Plan Agreement for participating physicians via NOAMA
- Access to the Northern Ontario Health Information Network (NOHIN)
- Access to virtual and in-house academic events at the School
- Access to on-line teaching materials and faculty development sessions
- Wall certificates and plaques in recognition of academic involvement
- Bursary programs and financial support for conference attendance
- Remuneration for many administrative roles within the School
- Stipendiary support for teaching activities
- Academic pricing at University bookstores and microcomputer centres
- Medical school email and intranet accounts
- Literature searching capabilities
- Opportunity to participate in a variety of research initiatives
- Access to the Research Support Group which supports faculty with their research endeavours
- Access to research funds via NOAMA
- A fulfilling and rewarding career.
Many of your colleagues are faculty members… we hope you will join them.
For a detailed list of current clinical faculty opportunities at the Northern Ontario School of Medicine, please view the Clinical Faculty Opportunities Brochure and the list of Licensed Health Professionals.