The Indigenous Affairs team works with different services and supports at NOSM U to engage youth in elementary school through to post-secondary and beyond. We have partnered with various communities and organizations to bring youth programming that explores various ideas of medicine, including traditional Indigenous medicine alongside health sciences. Youth programming has included:
- My Mashkiki, My Medicine: exploring our gifts and talents in our bundles
- Exploring ideas of health and balance using the medicine wheel
- Discussing different ideas of medicine using the example of the jingle dress
- Plant Medicine: Harvesting and Preparing
- Walking in Two Worlds
- NOSM U and Science North Science Days and STEM kits
If you, your community or your organization may be interested in hosting a presentation or workshop for youth, contact NOSM U Indigenous Affairs Unit at email@example.com
Follow our social media pages to stay up to date with youth initiatives.
Thank you to our sponsors!