The Postgraduate Medical Education Office (PGME Office) of NOSM University is responsible for the provision, administration and support of all postgraduate residency training programs in Northern Ontario.
The role of the PGME Office is to coordinate administration with residents, teaching hospitals, placement sites, and with all of our NOSM University residency programs. Along with Program Coordinators and Program Directors, the PGME Office staff and management are here to be helpful, to answer questions and to assist with problem solving.
If you have questions about how the PGME Office can support you, or you need assistance, please contact email@example.com.
The Postgraduate Medical Education Office oversees:
- Working with programs on quality improvement and accreditation standards (Royal College and CFPC)
- Central coordination of the evaluation and appeal processes across programs
- Central coordination of leave requests (vacation, parental, illness, etc.)
- PGME Office Incoming Resident Orientation
Promotion and Recruitment
- Working with all programs on program promotion, the NOSM University residency selection and CaRMS admissions process and special event management
- Educational Licenses
- Registration and Immunization and credentialing
- Ministry reporting and other data requirements
- Transfer, Re-Entry & Repatriation Procedures
- Fellowship applications
Dr. Rob Anderson