The Postgraduate Medical Education Office (PGME Office) of NOSM University is here to support you throughout your residency journey. We also provide core operational support for all of NOSM University’s postgraduate residency training programs.
Along with Program Coordinators and Program Directors, the PGME Office staff and management are here to be helpful, to answer questions and to assist with problem solving.
If you have questions about how the PGME Office can support you, or you need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Postgraduate Medical Education Office oversees:
- Working with programs on quality improvement and accreditation standards (Royal College and CFPC)
- Central coordination of the evaluation, assessmentand remediation, probation & appeal processes across programs
- Developing central onboarding resources for NOSM U Residents, including PGME Office Resident Orientation
- Overseeing the development of PGME Policies, Processes and Guidelines
Promotion and Recruitment
- Working with all programs on program promotion, the NOSM University residency selection and program admissions process via the CaRMS match and special event management
- Educational Licenses
- Registration and Immunization and credentialing
- Ministry reporting and other data requirements
- Transfer, Re-Entry & Repatriation Procedures
- Fellowship applications
- Working with PARO to ensure support for NOSM U residents, education for programs and adherence to the PARO-OTH Collective Agreement
- Providing central communication to NOSM U residents on all things PGME and NOSM U via the PGME e-newsletter The ‘Script
Dr. Rob Anderson