PGY1 Core Curriculum
A common PGY1 Core Curriculum (PGY1CC) has been developed to support all first year NOSM University residents to develop foundational knowledge and skills. In total, there are seven academic half day sessions and various self-directed modules that complete the PGY1 CC.
- Develop and apply skills to teach students and patients effectively.
- Discuss key issues and competencies related to cultural safety, patient safety, and quality improvement and apply this knowledge in practice.
- Demonstrate a commitment to cultural safety, patient safety, and quality improvement at the system level and in daily practice.
- Discuss common wellness issues and develop strategies to mitigate against wellness-related risks.
Breakdown of Mandatory Courses
- 7 academic half-day sessions will take place throughout the academic year; all session take place on Wednesday afternoons from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Visit the MyCurriculum PGY1 Core Curriculum page for a breakdown of each course including focus, learning objectives, and course details
- These sessions are mandatory for all PGY1s to attend