Master of Medical Studies Application Process
*** The Master of Medical Studies Program is currently only accepting Domestic Students for the 2020-2021 Academic Year***
Follow these steps before applying to the MMS program:
Ensure you meet the admission requirements for the Master of Medical Studies Program and the Faculty of Graduate Studies at Lakehead University or Laurentian University.
Review the program deadlines and give yourself enough time to complete the application.
Download the Applicant Checklist and make a timeline to prepare the required documents.
Note: On the approval of the Post-Graduate Program Director, physicians currently enrolled in a NOSM post-graduate training program will also be eligible for admission to the MMS program.
General Admission Requirements:
Completion of an MD or equivalent degree
Required Application Documents:
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Transcripts from your most recent degree
3. Three (3) letters of reference
4. All students must indicate up to 3 potential faculty supervisors from the approved list of faculty supervisors prior to submission.
5. Personal statement (not to exceed 500 words) including:
- rationale for applying to the MMS program
- future application of the skills learned
- summary of previous research training (if any)
6. Proposed Research Statement (not to exceed 250 words) including:
- overview of the proposed research
- rationale for the project
- the proposed location/area
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for Program Fee information.