Northern Health Research Conference
Welcome to NOSM University’s annual Northern Health Research Conference!
The 2024 NHRC will be held from June 10-11, 2024 in Sudbury, Ontario.
The 2024 NHRC Scientific Planning Committee is pleased to announce the Keynote Panel, who will be delivering a 1-hour engaging session titled ‘Advancing Health Equity Research: A Learning Collaborative Network Approach at NOSM University‘.
Keynote panelists include:
- Alex Anawati, MD. Alex is an Associate Professor in the Clinical Sciences Division at NOSM University, an emergency physician and clinical lead for social accountability at Health Sciences North, co-lead for the SAFE for Health Institutions Project.
- Erin Cameron, PhD. Erin is an Associate Professor at NOSM University in the Human Sciences Division and the Academic Director of the Dr. Gilles Arcand Centre for Health Equity.
- Joseph LeBlanc, PhD. Joseph is the Associate Dean of Equity and Inclusion at NOSM University and the lead of the NOURISH Health Leadership initiative.
- Brianne Wood, PhD. Brianne is an Associate Scientist of Social Accountability and Learning Health Systems jointly with Thunder Bay Regional Health Research Institute and NOSM University.
- Barb Zelek, MD. Barb is a rural generalist, Professor and Clinical Sciences Division Head at NOSM University, and a passionate advocate for primary care research.
Abstract submissions have closed and are under review. Registration is expected to open in the coming weeks.
This conference demonstrates NOSM University’s commitment to health care and education to the people of Northern Ontario and beyond. The NHRC continues to explore research activities within Northern Ontario arising from community-based activities. It will highlight projects underway from students, residents, and community-based researchers. The conference provides opportunities for collaboration and community networking.