Donate Now!

Criminal Record Check Request Letters

During your time at NOSM U, you may be placed with a community agency that requires an updated Criminal Record Vulnerable Sector Checks. This is a requirement of the agency and not NOSM University, however failure to submit an updated RVSC to the agency may result in a student being unable to participate in or complete the clinical placement which can result in a delay in starting the placement or the community agency canceling the placement.

In order to complete a VSC application with a law enforcement agency, you will be required to submit a letter from NOSM university requesting the check. These letters can be requested from the registrar’s office at They include your name, year, the NOSM U Header and the reason for the check.