Events and Activities
UPDATED: MARCH 18, 2020 | 8:25 PM EST
NOSM Events and Activities
MD Program Interview Weekend – Sudbury
NOSM Admissions Interviews
The NOSM MMI Interviews scheduled for Sudbury will take place online on the same days.
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday, March 29, 2020 10:00 a.m.
The integrity of the NOSM MMI process is intact and all candidates will be evaluated with equity.
The online interview/video assessment will allow us to meet candidates virtually. NOSM will be using technology provided by Kira Talent to deliver the online interview/video assessment.
We would ask if you receive any questions or concerns via email, telephone or in-person to please forward them on to the Admissions office for response. Emails can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern Constellations – Thunder Bay
- Northern Constellations 2020 Website
- NOSM has cancelled Northern Constellations 2020 and virtual options will be announced shortly.
Northern Ontario Pediatrics Conference – Sudbury
Northern Health Research Conference (NHRC) – Sudbury
- Northern Health Research Conference Website
- Given the recent developments with COVID-19, NOSM has decided to postpone the Northern Health Research Conference originally scheduled for June 19-20 to the fall of 2020. A new date has not yet been decided. Further details will follow in the coming weeks.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Research Office (email@example.com).
Be Awesome with NOSM – Vancouver and Ottawa
- The Be Awesome with NOSM Cocktail event at CCME in Vancouver previously scheduled for Sunday, April 19, 2020 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., is cancelled.
- The event planned for SRPC in Ottawa is also cancelled.
NOSM Years of Service Celebration – Sudbury and Thunder Bay
- The NOSM Check Up and Years of Service Celebration originally scheduled for Tuesday, April 7, 2020 will not proceed in its current in-person format. Please stay tuned for details on a remote event.
Human and Medical Sciences Seminar Series – Thunder Bay and Sudbury
Human Sciences Seminar Series Lecture, March 19
- Learning from the development and expansion of a holistic physical activity-based wellness program for Indigenous women in Alberta, with Dr. Sonja Wicklum, MD, CCFP, FCFP, has been cancelled.
Medical Sciences Seminar Series Lecture, April 2020
- The lecture to be scheduled for April 2020 has now been cancelled.
MD Program Accreditation – Northern Ontario
- Please see the Information on Accreditation page for more details.
Non-NOSM Events and Activities
Canadian Conference on Medical Education (CCME) – Vancouver
- CCME and all AFMC-related events will be moving to a virtual format.
- Do I need to cancel my registration?You are not required to cancel your current registration and you will automatically be registered for the virtual CCME. As a registered delegate, you will receive a 75% refund automatically in the coming weeks.More information on the program will be released later this week. The virtual event, which will include all plenary sessions, will continue to be an Accredited Group Learning Activity as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada as well as meeting the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
Society of Rural Physicians of Canada (SRPC) – Ottawa
- SRPC: 28th Annual Rural and Remote Medicine Course – Cancelled