Recruit and Retain Conference
The Canadian Recruit and Retain Conference is part of the European Union funded project known as Recruit and Retain of which the Northern Ontario School of Medicine (NOSM) is the only non-European partner. The focus of this project is on the recruitment and retention of health workers and other public sector workers in the remote and rural parts of the far north of northern countries in Europe. Most project partners are agencies equivalent to the regional health authority partners in the Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement (CFHI) Northern, Rural or Remote Collaboration. Participating countries are Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Greenland, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland.
Conference Report (January 15 – 17, 2014)
The Canadian Recruit and Retain Conference Report provides a summary of the conference activities and presentations.
Conference Program (January 15 – 17, 2014)
Please see the conference program for more information.
- Dr. David Snadden “Has the University of British Columbia’s Northern Medical Program Made any Difference?“
- Dr. David Marsh ” Community-Engaged Medical Education as a Means to Physician Recruitment and Retention“
- Dr. Nick Busing “Future of Postgraduate Medical Education in Canada“
- Jeff Goodyear “Improving Evidence Informed Physician Human Resource Planning“
- Helga Bryant and Erin Leith “Northern, Rural or Remote Collaboration Initiative“
- Dr. Andrew Sim “Northern Periphery Programme“
- Deanne Gilbert “Recruit and Retain”
- Dr. Roger Strasser “Canadian Contribution to the Recruit and Retain Project”
- Dr. Sigurður E Sigurðsson “Survey of Rural Health Workers“
- Barbara Isaacs “Interview Results“
- Barbara Isaacs “Introduction into Products and Services“
- Dr. Mante Hedman “Webtool and Marketing“
- Wesley Henderson “Education and Training”
- Marianne Vanem “Urban and Rural Partnerships and Exchanges“
- Barbara Isaacs “Professional and Social Support“
- Niclas Forsling “Strategic Management Group”