Students wishing to work
UPDATED: MARCH 27, 2020 | 1:48 PM EST
If you choose to provide service in your area of health care practice during this time of high need again – thank you for your dedication to your community!
We also want to underline that your academic medical career should remain as your priority
The following principles apply:
- This work is undertaken at your own risk and on your own free time and you must not identify yourself as a NOSM medical student but use only your other health profession in any communication.
- You should not provide health care in the same location as you are doing a clinical rotation.
- You must have your own liability insurance as NOSM’s insurance will not cover you.
- Your credentials and license must be current.
- You must notify the Associate Dean Undergraduate Medical Education of the place and duration of the time you will be working and receive permission to do this work.
- You must be in good academic standing.
- You should not be working in health care within 12 hours of your academic responsibilities (e.g. it is not appropriate to work an overnight shift and then attend class in the morning).