Goals/Objectives and Faculty Information
The NOSM Postgraduate Family Medicine (PGFM) program has evolved the curriculum to align with the goals of the Triple C Competency-Based Curriculum (Triple C). The central concepts of the Triple C that family medicine residency training should be “comprehensive, focused on continuity, and centred in family medicine” (Tannenbaum, Kerr, Konkin, Organek, Parsons, Saucier, Shaw, & Walsh, 2011). As such, the NOSM PGFM has implemented changes such as:
- an outcomes-based organization of clinical curriculum;
- site-specific approach to scheduling clinical experiences; and,
- revisions to the resident assessment process.
Goals and Objectives
Information on Triple C
- Triple C Toolkit/Resources
- Triple C Competency-based Curriculum: Canada’s Family Medicine Curriculum (Video)
For more information on Triple C, contact the CFPC Education Department:
2630 Skymark Avenue
Mississauga, ON L4W 5A4
Interested in working with our program?