Registration for primary care providers now open!
Please Read Important Information About Registration
This online learning module requires a myNOSM username and password.
If you have forgotten your username and/or password:
- Please contact the NOSM IT department directly during regular business hours
- Business Hours: Monday to Friday 9 am–4 pm, excluding statutory holidays
- Toll free: 1 800 461 8777, Select Option 1, Option 7, Option 1 or 2
If you do not have a myNOSM username and password:
- Please complete the registration form and further information will be sent to you via email.
- This process may take up to 3 business days.
This FREE program is designed to change the opioid prescribing habits of primary care providers in Northern Ontario where health and socioeconomic issues often differ from those seen in urban centres and access to multidisciplinary programs is limited.
An Overview of the Program
Approaches to Education
This program incorporates two approaches to education to meet the needs of primary care providers in Northern Ontario:
Self-Directed Interactive Online Learning Module
- Access the module from any device, at any time
- Receive information and evidence-based resources to enhance competencies in assessment and management
- ‘Manage’ situations through guided questions
- Up to two hours in length
- Prerequisite to Communities of Practice
Community of Practice
- Secure and confidential virtual platform
- Facilitator-led, closed, small-group workshops
- Meet with like-minded primary care providers to discuss real cases and strategies to overcome barriers
- Up to 4 two-hour workshops
- Must complete for CFPC high level study credits
Online Module Only:
This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the Continuing Education and Professional Development Office at the Northern Ontario School of Medicine for up to 2 Mainpro+ credit(s).
Online Module and at least 1 Community of Practice:
This three-credit-per hour Self-Learning Program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 30 Mainpro+ credits.
This activity is an Accredited Self-Assessment Program (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the Continuing Education and Professional Development Office at the Northern Ontario School of Medicine. You may claim a maximum of 10 hours (credits are automatically calculated).