Registration on hold
Please note that new registrations for this program are currently on hold. We are in the process of updating and applying for accreditation renewal. If you would like to be notified when registration opens, please provide us with your name and email address.
If you have already registered, you can still access the program. Sign in here with your NOSM username and password and follow this pathway to access the program:
Continuing Education & Professional Development > Small Group Facilitation Program> Introduction to Small Group Facilitation
This program has received the 2019 Assessment Activity Development Grant from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
SUCCESSFUL SMALL GROUP SESSIONS DON’T JUST HAPPEN.
Whether it’s a first-year problem-based group or resident journal club, someone has to guide the process of learning together to ensure that the group meets its objectives and accomplishes what it has set out to do. Learn the foundational skills of small group facilitation and prepare for teaching in various small group settings. Introduction to Small Group Facilitation explore techniques that faculty can use to facilitate successful and effective small group sessions, including strategies for preventing or mitigating challenging situations.
Approach to Education
This interactive module meets the needs of medical education professionals in Northern Ontario!
- On-demand, self-directed and engaging learning
- Access the module from ANY device, at ANY time
- Answer case-based questions and receive feedback & suggested resources to enhance skills & competencies
- ‘Manage’ situations through small group session simulations
- Up to five (5) hours in length
- Learn more about the curriculum
This three-credit-per-hour Self-Directed Learning program meets the certification criteria of The College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified for up to 15.0 Mainpro+ credits.
This activity is an Accredited Self-Assessment Program (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by Continuing Education and Professional Development Office at the Northern Ontario School of Medicine. You may claim a maximum of 5 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
Please Read Important Information About Registration
This online learning module requires a myNOSM username and password.
If you have forgotten your username and/or password:
- Please contact the NOSM IT department directly during regular business hours
- Business Hours: Monday to Friday 8:45 am–4:30 pm, excluding statutory holidays
- Toll free: 1 800 461 8777, Select Option 1, Option 7, Option 1 or 2