Please view the brochure below for details about this program:
Critical Care Crash Course (C4) Brochure
High-fidelity simulation has emerged as the most appropriate way to train health-care providers for rare, but critical, life threatening conditions. The Critical Care sim Crash Course (C4) is specifically designed to train health-care providers to manage a critically-ill patient in a small community until they can be transferred to a larger centre, if needed. The course is simulation-based, and led by Northern Ontario School of Medicine (NOSM) faculty and Health Sciences North (HSN) staff with a target audience of NOSM residents and rural family medicine physicians that provide emergency medicine or critical care services.
- Utilize crisis resource management (CRM) skills in critical and life threatening situations.
- Enhance procedural skills for critically ill patients.
- Identify Diagnostic skills required for critically ill patients.
- Identification, differential diagnosis, and management of shock statuses.
- Diagnose and manage the common Pathologies found in the critically ill patients.