How to Apply
The NOSM U PHPM program welcomes medical student and resident electives. Learners can apply through the NOSM U elective application process. Learners specifically interested in electives with Algoma Public Health may also wish to review the APH Learners webpage.
Medical learners are also welcome to join our virtual academic half-days. Please contact the NOSM U PHPM chief resident at email@example.com for more information.
Medical students interested in our program can apply through the R-1 Main Residency Match through the Canadian Residency Matching Service (CaRMS). Applicants will be selected for an interview based on a file review that considers their:
- Interest in northern, rural, remote, Indigenous, or Francophone health
- Understanding of health equity and population health
- Demonstrated commitment to train and practice in PHPM
- Academic performance, including transcripts and examination scores (when available)
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Communication, including IELTS score (when available)
- Interpersonal skills and team work
- Attitude towards learning, including ability to engage in reflective practice
- Ability to identify and address challenges that the candidate may encounter training in a northern, distributed residency program
Applicants to the PHPM-FM stream must also meet the admission requirements for the NOSM U Family Medicine residency program.
Re-entry and Repatriation
If you are interested in a re-entry or repatriation position, more information is available at https://www.nosm.ca/residency-programs/how-to-apply/.