A Message from the Program Director
Passionate about health equity? Plan to work in lower-resource or northern, rural, or remote public health contexts?
Train at the first medical school in Canada, established with an explicit social accountability mandate. The NOSM University PHPM program prepares physicians to practice full-scope public health and preventive medicine in northern, rural, remote, and global contexts. Our residents train at sites across Northern Ontario, as well as sites outside Northern Ontario that offer experiences relevant to NOSM U’s social accountability mandate. Our program offers residents a supportive environment to create sustainable improvements in health outcomes.
Program highlights include:
- Outstanding program coordination and wellness support
- Excellent examination preparation
- Diverse, compassionate resident colleagues
- Social accountability and health equity focus
- Easy access to urban amenities and outdoor activities across beautiful Northern Ontario
Want to learn more? Explore the web pages linked in the right-hand menu.
Interested in joining our program? We would love to hear from you!
Dr. Emily Groot
B Arts Sc, MD, MPH, FRCPC
Program Director, Public Health and Preventive Medicine
Learn more about our program: