Dr. Emily Groot - PHPM Program Director
*** EVENT NOTICE ***
- Details about the NOSM U PHPM Program will be provided by program leadership, faculty, and residents present at the event.
- There will be time for Q&A with the presenters including a residents-only Q&A.
- WebEx connection details will be distributed to registered attendees during the week leading up to the event.
NOSM U PHPM residents complete one or two years of clinical training with the NOSM U Family Medicine (FM) program. Applicants interested in the NOSM U PHPM program may therefore also be interested in attending a NOSM U FM information session. Please CLICK HERE for more information.
A Message from the Program DirectorPassionate about health equity? Plan to work in lower-resource or northern, rural, or remote public health contexts? Train at the first medical school in Canada with an explicit social accountability mandate. The NOSM University PHPM program prepares physicians to practice full-scope public health and preventive medicine in northern, rural, remote, and global contexts. Our residents train at sites across Northern Ontario, as well as sites outside Northern Ontario that offer experiences relevant to NOSM U’s social accountability mandate. Our program offers residents a supportive environment to create sustainable improvements in health outcomes. Program highlights include:
- Outstanding program coordination and wellness support
- Excellent examination preparation
- Diverse, compassionate resident colleagues
- Social accountability and health equity focus
- Easy access to urban amenities and outdoor activities across beautiful Northern Ontario