Clinical Teaching Resources for Preceptors
Thank you for taking a medical learner on placement in your community. On this page, clinical preceptors will find a set of resources that we hope you will find helpful for understanding your role, contractual obligations (i.e., PARO contract for residents), and some tools for teaching.
All medical learners are advised to contact their clinical placement facilitator or preceptor directly prior to the start of the rotation to discuss details of the placement.
Postgraduate Medical Education
For information on resident leave requests, please visit: PARO-CAHO Agreement (myparo.ca)
Additional Virtual Resources for Residents and Preceptors: PARO Tips – Working and Training in Virtual Care
For additional information on evaluations, program goals & objectives, health & safety or other relevant information, please visit: http://www.nosm.ca/postgrad/
Undergraduate Medical Education
- Phase 2 Required Clinical Learning Experiences
- Phase 3 Clinical Educator Highlights
- Phase 3 Non-Clinical Electives Policy and Procedure
- Phase 3 Non-Clinical Elective – Application Form
- Phase 3 Research Elective Application Form
For additional information on UME curriculum, student assessments, program evaluations or other relevant information, please visit: http://www.nosm.ca/education/md-program/
Northern Electives Program
2022-2023 Family Medicine Academics
Continuing Education and Professional Development
NOSM University Contacts
For any additional questions, support, or resources, please direct inquiries to the respective contact based on the domain of your specific need.
- Electives Scheduling (General Inquiries): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electives (Academic Inquiries): email@example.com
- Electives (Administrative Inquiries): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Housing: email@example.com
- Learner Mistreatment: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PGME Assessment and Evaluations: email@example.com
- PGME Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PaNDa: email@example.com
- Clinical Scheduling: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UME Phase 1 (Year 2): email@example.com
- UME Phase 3 (Year 4): firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember, the responsibilities of clinical teachers include the completion of any assessments sent by NOSM or its learners. These must be done within 6 weeks of completion of the placement. The most valuable part of assessment is the feedback to the learner so please be sure to set aside time prior to the end of any rotation to meet with your learner to discuss the content, complete and submit the assessments.