Annual Preceptor Awards
Each year, we ask learners and members of our clinical community to submit nominations for our Preceptor Awards to recognize those who have gone above and beyond in providing exceptional experiences to learners. There are five (5) award categories.
- Innovative Preceptor Award – A preceptor who embraces innovation in providing clinical learning experiences. This award will recognize an educator/therapist who is prepared to do things differently, “innovatively”, in order to meet the needs of the learner.
- Inter-professional Collaborator – An individual who is recognized by their peers and learners for being a good collaborator or leader of Inter-professional Learning.
- Commitment to Clinical Education – A preceptor who demonstrates commitment towards the clinical education of health science professional learners in the North as evidenced by being a frequent and willing participant, supporter and champion of clinical education.
- Northern Ambassador – A preceptor who is recognized for being a strong ambassador for their community, and who creates a welcoming environment for learners of all disciplines.
- Academic Excellence – An individual who consistently participates in or contributes to scholarly activities, including research, mentorship, academic instruction or other related works.
Preceptor Awards 2022-2023
Northern Connections is intended as a professional development, networking and appreciation event for those clinicians who support our Health Sciences programs. We are pleased to provide this event at no cost to preceptors and dietitians supporting our Health Sciences programs. This year the event will take place at the Valhalla Hotel & Conference Centre in Thunder Bay, ON. The schedule of professional development sessions including abstracts and learning objectives are now posted to our site.
Registration for Northern Connections will open on Wednesday, March 22, 2023.
We appreciate your support of Health Sciences education in Northern Ontario.