Medical Reviewer Apply Online!Competition Number: 2021-1446-DM
The Medical Reviewer reports to the CME Medical Director.
Under the direction of the CEPD Medical Director, the role of the Medical Reviewer will be to:
- Identify discipline specific medical expertise for the delivery of CME programs; provide educational coaching and feedback related to the accreditation application process to ensure that PPC activities adhere to standards.
- Ensure continuing medical / health professional education programs for physicians and healthcare professionals are grounded in sound educational and adult learning principles.
- Be cognizant of new regulations requirements of the CFPC or RCPSC related to membership, fellowship, and CPSO re-licensure and similar educational issues as they arise.
- Ensures their knowledge with regard to accreditation and certification criteria is current.
- Assist in identifying education needs of northern physicians and health care professionals for both CME/CEPD and faculty development.
- Contribute to building partnerships with Local Education Groups to develop CME programs for their members.
- Support the development and planning of interprofessional education and the role of health care teams and team members in education.
- Contribute to CEPD Advisory Committee decisions and make recommendations that align with the national CEPD/CME accreditation/certification standards and requirements.
- Contribute to ongoing CEPD strategic planning, the development of annual operational objectives, and education that adheres to the mission and vision of the Office CEPD/CME.
- Attend the Lead Program Planning Committee Meetings (roughly quarterly).
- Medical Doctor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A current faculty appointment (or eligibility for same) with the Northern Ontario School of Medicine
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbally, written and comprehension)
- French/Indigenous language skills would be considered asset
- As per the stipendiary faculty remuneration process
- Equivalent of one (1.0) day per month (there will be natural ebbs and flows in the workload)
Interested candidates are invited to apply online or submit a resume along with verification of academic accomplishments quoting the competition number # 2021-1446-DM to:
Northern Ontario School of Medicine
Attention: Human Resources
935 Ramsey Lake Road, Sudbury, Ontario P3E 2C6
Fax: (705) 671-3880
The Northern Ontario School of Medicine offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, or require an accessible version this posting, please contact Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Northern Ontario School of Medicine invites applications from all qualified individuals. NOSM is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
NOSM needs to gather information about applicants’ status as either Permanent Residents of Canada or Canadian citizens. Applications need not identify their country of origin or current citizenship; however, all applications must include one of the following statements:
“Yes, I am a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.”
“Yes, I am not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada, but I am legally eligible to work in Canada.”
“No, I am not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada or otherwise legally eligible to work in Canada.”
While all responses are appreciated and will be handled with the strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.