NOSM Board of Directors Seeks Five MembersPosted on February 10, 2020
The Northern Ontario School of Medicine (NOSM) is seeking five (5) individuals to join the Board of Directors in September 2020.
If you share NOSM’s commitment to improve health care access for the people and communities in Northern Ontario, this is an ideal opportunity for you. NOSM’s vision of Innovative education and research for a healthier North means we remain steadfast in our commitment to providing high-quality education to physicians and health professionals, and continue to be a leader in distributed, learning-centred, community-engaged education and research.
The Northern Ontario School of Medicine is seeking individuals from diverse backgrounds, specifically Indigenous and Francophone peoples, who reside in rural or remote Northern Ontario communities, with expertise in some of the following areas:
- Strong understanding and/or experiences with diverse populations and cultural sensitivity of communities in Northern Ontario.
- Knowledge of, and/or experience in, Indigenous governance, health care policy and administration, and/or delivery of care.
- Knowledge of, and/or experience in, Francophone health care policy and administration, health transformation, and/or delivery of care.
- A physician in good standing with the CPSO with clinical teaching experience.
- Financial management and oversight with designation, including financial reporting and auditing requirements of a complex private or public sector organization.
- Information management technology and innovation.
- Current NOSM alumni.
With an aim to represent the diverse population of the North, preference will be given to Indigenous, Francophone, and/or rural/remote Northern Ontario applicants.
Those interested, who have the particular skill set and experience identified, are encouraged to apply online at nosm.ca/boardrecruitment.
Deadline for submissions is February 28, 2020.