NOSM University seeks community members as standardized patientsPosted on June 15, 2023
Help train Northern Ontario’s future doctors by portraying a patient
NOSM University will be hosting an information session for individuals interested in becoming a Standardized Patient (SP). SPs are healthy people trained to act as real patients and simulate symptoms and medical conditions. They assist medical students in acquiring skills for patient history-taking and physical exams and provide valuable feedback to students.
No Registration Required.
- Casual work: Get paid to play a patient!
- Make a difference: Help train future doctors.
- Personal growth: You will learn and practice transferable skills.
NOSM University is seeking individuals in the Thunder Bay and Sudbury areas, who are over 18 years old and meet the following requirements:
- Flexible and available for casual work during weekdays.
- Available approximately five hours every four to six weeks.
- Excellent oral communication and memorization skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong computer skills, and access to a personal computer, tablet or smartphone.
Visit nosm.ca/sp to learn more.
– 30 –
NOSM University is Canada’s first independent medical university and one of the greatest education and physician workforce strategy success stories of Northern Ontario. More than just a medical university, it was purpose-built to address the health needs of the region. While advocating for equitable access to care, the university contributes to the economic development of Northern Ontario. NOSM University relies on the commitment and expertise of the peoples of Northern Ontario to educate health-care professionals to practise in Indigenous, Francophone, rural, remote, and underserved communities. With a focus on diversity, inclusion, and advocacy, NOSM University is an award-winning, socially-accountable organization renowned for its innovative model of distributed, community-engaged education and research.
For further information, please contact: email@example.com.