Library Services During COVID-19
Resources and services offered virtually or in a modified capacity:
- All online resources: e-books, e-journals, databases, mobile device resources.
- (NEW!) Bookable seating. Book your seat now.
- (NEW!) Scan to Patron Service. NOSM members can request individual chapters from the library’s print collection for personal use.
- (NEW!) Printing Service
- (UPDATE!) Information main desk phones will be answered 8:30am-3:30pm Monday to Friday. (Laurentian campus: 705-662-7282, Lakehead campus: 807-766-7375). To reach us outside these hours you can use our chat service AskUs! or email email@example.com staffed 8:00am-4:30pm Monday to Friday.
- Curbside pickup, return and shipping service for library materials is now available Monday to Friday 8:30am-3:30pm.
- Equipment booking available for curbside pickup and return.
- Support through firstname.lastname@example.org, our chat service AskUs! and consultations via WebEx.
- Electronic interlibrary loans (ex. journal articles and book chapters).
- Search assistance: literature searches, systematic reviews, meta-analyses.
- Research & scholarly communications services: research consultations, scholarly publishing support, tracking and assessing research impact.
- Copyright support.
- Library instruction.
Temporarily suspended services:
- If you have books currently on loan to return, you can schedule a return through our curbside and shipping service. If you are outside of Thunder Bay or Sudbury please contact the library and we will arrange return shipping of the books at no cost to you.
- Hardcopy interlibrary loans (ex. Print books and DVDs)