Library Services During COVID-19
The Health Sciences Library has closed our Lakehead and Laurentian campus locations until further notice.
We are operating virtually to support you! We continue to offer access to all of our online resources and virtual services.
Resources and services offered virtually:
- All online resources: e-books, e-journals, databases, mobile device resources.
- Support through firstname.lastname@example.org, our chat service AskUs! and consultations via WebEx.
- Electronic interlibrary loans (ex. journal articles and book chapters).
- Search assistance: literature searches, systematic reviews, meta-analyses.
- Research & scholarly communications services: research consultations, scholarly publishing support, tracking and assessing research impact.
- Copyright support.
- Library instruction.
Temporarily suspended resources and services:
- Library main desk phones (Laurentian campus: 705-662-7282, Lakehead campus: 807-766-7375). Please email email@example.com or use our chat services AskUs! to contact us.
- Access to hardcopy books including hardcopy reserves.
- Our education services librarian is working with the Theme committees to identify appropriate and accessible alternatives for hardcopy reserves. Information will be posted in eReserves.
- If you have books currently on loan, please hold on to them. Our book drops will not be available while we’re closed. If you are outside of Thunder Bay or Sudbury once the library reopens, please contact the library and we will arrange return shipping of the books at no cost to you.
- Equipment booking and loaning.
- Hardcopy interlibrary loans (ex. Print books and DVDs)
- Access to printing, copying and scanning.
- Poster printing services.