What is Interlibrary Loan (ILL)?
If you are looking for books or articles not held in the Northern Ontario School of Medicine (NOSM), Laurentian, or Lakehead collections, these items can be requested via Interlibrary Loan. This service is free to all Northern Ontario School of Medicine learners, staff, and faculty members.
ILL services are also available to NOSM Alumni at a cost of $10 per request. Please email all requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Renew or Register for your Racer Account
A one time registration is required to use RACER, our automated Interlibrary Loan management system.
To start using RACER simply follow these easy instructions:
- Visit the RACER Registration page
- Complete the RACER registration form (one-time only) and click submit
- You will receive a confirmation email
- Now you are ready to begin using RACER
Logging On for the First Time
- Connect to RACER
- Login: Your NOSM username (example: dgiroux or jsmith)
- Password: Password you created
- Your Library: NOSM
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com .
Check if you have access to an item first through the Health Sciences Library or our affiliates:
NOSM at Lakehead University: 807-766-7375
NOSM at Laurentian University: 705-662-7282