Dr. Erin Cameron
Dr. Cameron’s current research interests include:
- Medical and health education;
- Health practitioner teacher education
- Social justice and diversity education;
- Social constructions of health, obesity, and the body;
- Stigma and marginalization in society;
- Wellness and Health promotion;
- Body image and eating disorders; and,
- Qualitative research methods.
Dr. Cameron is the founder and lead investigator for MERLIN (Medical Education Research Lab In the North). More information about MERLIN can be found here MERLIN research at NOSM
Dr. Cameron is currently seeking undergraduate and graduate students. Students interested in working with Dr. Cameron should email her with their CV, writing sample, and a summary briefly indicating the ways in which they believe their research interests align.
•SSHRC Insight Development Grant (2019-2021): Preparing Students for Rural Careers: Examining the Learning Processes and Outcomes in Rural Medical Education in Canada. [principal investigator]
•SSHRC New Frontiers in Research Funding (2019-2021): The Transformative Potential of Socially Accountable Education: Understanding Global and Local Perspectives [principal investigator]
•CIHR Planning and Dissemination Grant (2018-2019): Shifting a culture of care: Supporting promising and emerging educational practices to support holistic, culturally sensitive, inclusive care in Northern Ontario [principal investigator]