On Call and House Call
Residents receive call stipends for in-hospital call, home call and qualifying shifts as outlined in the PARO Collective Agreement.
To submit a claim for stipends, download the Resident On Call Claim Form and:
- Complete the forms marking in “On Call” and “Qualifying Shift” dates.
- Have the preceptor where you took call approve and sign your form.
- Scan forms and email directly to HR/Payroll Coordinator, East Campus, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Forms must be returned no later than 5 days after the end of the block.
- Forms may be randomly checked against call schedules for errors.
- If forms are not filled out correctly, they will be returned to the resident for re-submission.
- Payment is part of the semi-monthly payroll and subject to standard payroll deductions.
Note: For safety reasons, residents are not permitted to do house calls alone (please refer to the Resident Safety section). Your supervising physician must always accompany you at all times.