CCC, Electives and SEE Information
Special Educational Experience (SEE)
To set up a Special Educational Experience independently:
- Gain approval from a preceptor. If you need any help finding a preceptor in Northern Ontario, a list of available preceptors for SEE’s can be found in MyCurriculum, under Phase I information.
- Complete the NOSM SEE approval form and NOSM Waiver.
- Forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 4 weeks before starting placement.
Hey everyone, I hope you are all enjoying the summer and re-charging your batteries for the fall! As you bathe in the sun (with lots of sunscreen on) with a cold drink at your side, you may want to start thinking about what you want to be when you grow up and where you would like to do your electives. To help guide you through CaRMS, the different medical programs, and university protocols, below the NOSMSC has provided some useful links for this process. Here is some information received from NOSM regarding electives:
- Phase 3 Elective Requirements:
- All students must take electives in a minimum of three (3) different Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS) categories. Students are required to complete a total of 16 weeks of approved electives as part of the NOSM MD program. Four (4) weeks are required to be completed at the end of Phase 1, Year 2 and prior to the start of Phase 2, Year 3. The remaining 12 weeks of elective are to be completed as part of Phase 3, Year 4.
- Visit NOSM’s Electives page for more information.
If there is any more information that you would like to see on this webpage please e-mail the student society: email@example.com