Apply to CampMed
The application for CampMed 2019 is now closed. Applications for CampMed 2020 will open in March 2020.
- Are going into grades 10 and 11 in September of the year of camp
- Live in Northern Ontario or other rural and remote parts of Canada
- Submit a completed application with all required documentation by the application deadline
How to Apply
Submit the following application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed application form (2 pages)
- Three essays (see application form for essay questions)
- Reference letter from your education director, teacher, guidance counsellor, principal, or member of the community/organization in which you are an active member (coach, music teacher, supervisor or volunteer activity, etc.) Ensure that your reference provides comments on why you should be considered for one of the limited spots at NOSM’s CampMed.
NOTE: Scanned copies or photos are acceptable for submission.
*The application for CampMed 2019 is now closed. Applications for CampMed 2020 will open in March 2020.
Selected applicants will be required to submit a non refundable registration fee of $200. This includes the weeks activities and snacks.
Transportation and accommodation are the responsibility of the participant.
Below is a list of communities and organizations who have generously donated funds to help participants attend CampMed. If you are from these communities and require funding to attend CampMed, please ensure you check off the “CampMed Subsidy” on the application form to be considered for the funding available.
Sudbury Kinsmen Club – $1,000 (for 5 participants from the Sudbury region)
Wawa – $500 (for two participants to attend)
City of Dryden – $400
Hearst – $150 (for 1 participant)
Espanola – $50
CampMed thanks the above donors for their generosity in supporting participants of CampMed!
Dates, Deadlines, and Locations
Deadline to apply to CampMed 2020: TBD
Selection of campers will be completed by: TBD
Deadline to submit $200 registration fee for CampMed 2020: TBD
Dates and Locations
CampMed 2020 at Laurentian University Campus in Sudbury: July 6 – July 10, 2020
CampMed 2020 at Lakehead University Campus in Thunder Bay: July 13 – July 17, 2020
Back to CampMed