Northern Studies Stream
The Northern Studies Stream (NSS) program was created in 1990 as an integral part of McMaster University’s physiotherapy and occupational therapy new baccalaureate degree programs. The NSS program mandate is to:
- increase students’ awareness and knowledge of the determinants of health unique to northern and rural communities
- increase students’ awareness of First Nations health concerns and practices
- provide students with the skills required for the unique practice of rural healthcare
- facilitate the recruitment and retention of rehabilitation professionals in Northern Ontario
- facilitate professional networking amongst rehabilitation providers in Northwestern Ontario
Through the NSS Program, McMaster Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Speech Language Pathology students have the opportunity to complete a clinical placement in Northern Ontario.
Learn more about the Occupational Therapy Northern Studies Stream.
Learn more about the Physiotherapy Northern Studies Stream.
For general inquiries, please email: email@example.com.