Each year, we ask learners and members of our clinical community to submit nominations for our Preceptor Awards to recognize those who have gone above and beyond in providing exceptional experiences to learners. There are five (5) award categories.
- Innovative Preceptor Award – A preceptor who embraces innovation in providing clinical learning experiences. This award will recognize an educator/therapist who is prepared to do things differently, “innovatively”, in order to meet the needs of the learner.
- Inter-professional Collaborator – An individual who is recognized by their peers and learners for being a good collaborator or leader of Inter-professional Learning.
- Commitment to Clinical Education – A preceptor who demonstrates commitment towards the clinical education of health science professional learners in the North as evidenced by being a frequent and willing participant, supporter and champion of clinical education.
- Northern Ambassador – A preceptor who is recognized for being a strong ambassador for their community, and who creates a welcoming environment for learners of all disciplines.
- Academic Excellence – An individual who consistently participates in or contributes to scholarly activities, including research, mentorship, academic instruction or other related works.
2019-2020 Preceptor Awards
These awards are normally given out in-person at our annual Preceptor Development & Appreciation Conference. However, this past year the event was cancelled because of the COVID-19 Pandemic. We still wanted to recognize our preceptors from 2019-2020 who were nominated for awards and so we held a virtual awards event in conjunction with our inaugural Health Sciences Webinar.
- You can see a recording of the announcement of the nominees and recipients here.
- In the navigation menu on the right, you can view the winners of each award by discipline with a short excerpt from their nomination.