IDEAS – Improving & Driving Excellence Across Sectors
IDEAS (Improving & Driving Excellence Across Sectors)
IDEAS is a comprehensive, evidence based quality improvement training program for Ontario’s health professionals. Customized for Ontario, participants are introduced to a common language and approach to quality improvement with the explicit goal to improve patient care, experience and outcomes. Closely aligned with the Province’s quality improvement strategy and led by a high caliber, committed faculty, participants are equipped with tools, practical skills and knowledge to build capacity for quality improvement, change management initiatives, and adaptive leadership across all health care sectors. Successful participation in the IDEAS program ultimately contributes to a more effective and efficient health system for everyone.
Funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care, IDEAS is a partnership of six Ontario universities, Health Quality Ontario, the Institute of Clinical Evaluative Sciences and the Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation at the University of Toronto.
Improve Patient Care
The IDEAS Foundations of Quality Improvement provides participants with the knowledge and tools to effectively participate in and contribute to quality improvement projects within or across health care organizations.
Customized for Ontario, participants are introduced to a common language and approach to quality improvement with the explicit goal to improve patient care, experience and outcomes.
At successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
1. Apply the principles of quality improvement for healthcare
2. Explain a quality improvement aim in accordance with the Model for Improvement
3. Explain sources of the change ideas and explain in accordance with the Model for Improvement
4. Contribute to the application of tools in team setting
5. Explain the application of measurement in accordance with the Model for Improvement
6. Collaborate with interprofessional team members to contribute effectively on a quality improvement team
Who Should Register?
The IDEAS Foundations of Quality Improvement Program is ideal for clinical (physicians, nurses, other healthcare disciplines) and administrative health professionals (managers, directors and senior leaders) who hold a variety of roles and disciplines across the continuum of care.
The program is ideal for individuals who are participating or would like to participate in quality improvement projects, but who might consider themselves novice to quality improvement or in need of a refresh.
Focused on Applied Learning
Using an evidence based curriculum and instructional design recognized to be appropriate for adult learning, the IDEAS Foundations of Quality Improvement is comprised of a three-hour online component completed prior to a one day in person workshop.
- Three hours, asynchronous
- Immersive-scenario based self-study
- Completed before workshop
- Includes prompts and reflection to initiate a personal improvement project
1 Day Workshop
- 6.75 hrs, interactive, applied learning through a quality improvement project case
- Face to face, engagement between learners and faculty
- Taught by expert faculty who are experienced in quality improvement
This continuing education program is accredited by the consortiums of McMaster University, the Northern Ontario School of Medicine, Queens University, University of Toronto, University of Ottawa, Western University and IDEAS.
College of Family Physicians of Canada Mainpro+
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 30.75 Mainpro+ credits.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada – Section 1
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, approved by Continuing Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto up to a maximum of (5.5 hours)
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada – Section 3
This program is an Accredited Self-Assessment Program (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada, and approved by Continuing Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto on 12/01/2017. Program expires 01/2018. Remember to visit MAINPORT https://www.mainport.org/mainport/) to record your learning and outcomes. You may claim a maximum of 4.0 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
*Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent participating in the educational program.
IDEAS Online QI Primer
Introducing the IDEAS QI Primer – A free online course about Quality Improvement
The IDEAS QI Primer is 3-4 hours of self-paced, interactive, online learning. Participants will observe a healthcare improvement project and understand foundational quality improvement (QI) tools and concepts.
After completing the IDEAS QI Primer, participants will gain an awareness of:
- Principles of quality improvement for healthcare.
- Quality improvement aims in accordance with the Model for Improvement (MFI).
- Sources of the change ideas and the application of PDSA in accordance with the MFI.
- The application of measurement in accordance with the MFI.
- Roles on a quality improvement project team.
IDEAS builds QI capacity in Ontario’s health care professionals. IDEAS participants become well versed in a common language and approach to quality improvement with the aim to improve patient care, experience and outcomes.
This pilot offering of the IDEAS QI Primer is for healthcare professionals who are new to QI. Registration for the pilot program is free of charge and open only to healthcare professionals working in Northern Ontario.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Présentation Du Cours IDEAS QI Primer
Présentation Du Cours IDEAS QI Primer – Il s’agit d’un cours en ligne gratuit sur l’amélioration de la qualité (AQ).
Le cours d’introduction à l’AQ du programme IDÉES est un cours interactif en ligne, à suivre à son propre rythme, et qui prend de 3 à 4 heures. Les participants se pencheront sur un projet d’amélioration des soins de santé et acquerront une compréhension des outils et concepts fondamentaux d’AQ.
Après avoir suivi ce cours, les participants connaîtront mieux :
- Les principes d’amélioration de la qualité des soins de santé.
- Les objectifs de l’amélioration de la qualité selon le modèle d’amélioration.
- Les sources des idées de changement et l’application de l’approche PFEA (Planifier-Faire-Étudier-Agir) selon le modèle d’amélioration.
- L’application de mesures selon le modèle d’amélioration.
- Les rôles des membres d’une équipe de projet d’amélioration de la qualité.
À propos du programme IDÉES
Le programme IDÉES renforce la capacité d’AQ des professionnels de la santé de l’Ontario. Les participants au programme apprennent à maîtriser un langage commun et une même approche d’amélioration de la qualité dans le but d’améliorer les soins, l’expérience et les résultats des patients.
Ce cours d’introduction à l’AQ du programme IDÉES, offert à titre d’essai, s’adresse aux professionnels de la santé qui découvrent l’AQ. Il ne comporte aucuns frais d’inscription et est réservé aux professionnels de la santé qui travaillent dans le Nord de l’Ontario.
Des questions? Envoyez un courriel à firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on IDEAS at NOSM, email email@example.com
For more information on IDEAS, visit www.ideasontario.ca