This section contains resources, links and tools to assist in items related to NOSM’s Governance.
- Vision, Mission and Values
- NOSM Strategic Plan
- NOSM Facts
- Governance Organization Quadrant Chart English / Français
- General Governance FAQs
Bourinot’s Rules of Order: Introduction
Proposals, Action Items, or Information Items to Board or Academic Council
[Formerly Submission documents]
Below are the new templates to use for the Board of Directors, Academic Council and their respective committees. When preparing these documents they should be no more than 3 pages in length. If papers require significantly more pages, allow for detailed information to be included in appendices rather than the text of the submission itself.
- Action Briefing Template 2016 New *replaces the Submission Template
- InformationBriefingTemplate 2016August New
For non action items that are more detailed in context and require more detail for presentation
- Motion Divider Page Template Updated
To be used when the Action template is not required – regular items ie minutes
In order to maintain consistency, below are templates to be used when submitting to either the Board of Directors or the Academic Council. They may also be used in other areas of the School.
* For uses other than Governance, these templates are a guide. Please consult with your unit/program.
Other Links & Helpful Information
- MyNOSM Portal for Board of Directors [requires NOSM username and password]
- MyNOSM Portal for Academic Council [requires NOSM username and password]
- WebEx Tutorial via YouTube : Join a Meeting / WebEx – How to Join a Meeting as an Attendee and WebEx Join from WebEx Mobil App
- Articles and Information of Interest – coming soon
In the event of a discrepancy between the web site version and the approved version, the latter shall govern.
For more information or for assistance in completing the forms, please contact:
Gina Kennedy, DTM
Secretary to the Board of Directors, Academic Council and Joint Senate Committee for NOSM