Our Selection Process
The selection for admissions procedure for the Northern Ontario School of Medicine is a five-stage process:
Stage One (October – January)
- Applications are examined to ensure that all required documentation has been received and that the minimum admission requirements have been met.
- Grade Point Average is calculated.
- Application is scored.
Stage Two (late January)
- Invitations to interview are sent to approximately 300 applicants.
- Notices are sent to those applicants that are not being offered an interview.
Stage Three (March – April)
- Interviews are conducted in both Sudbury and Thunder Bay.
Stage Four (April – May)
- Applications of all applicants who were interviewed are reviewed. Applications are scored on the basis of the pre-interview and interview scores.
Stage Five (May)
- Offers of Admission are sent to successful applicants and a waiting list is developed