The NOSM Pediatrics program includes core rotations and subspecialty rotations selected to incorporate a diversity of experience and proficiency in subspecialty areas integral to community based practice but less commonly emphasized in traditional Pediatrics residency programs, in addition to world-class subspecialty and acute care rotations at the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario.
- Training opportunities in northern urban centers in addition to world-class subspecialty and acute care rotations at the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario.
- A unique and challenging hands-on learning experience.
- Unparalleled preceptor support from physicians committed to practicing in Northern Ontario
- Early integration as a key member of a health care team dedicated to professionalism, high quality patient care and excellent medical education.
- Commitment to resident learning rather than resident service.
- Self-directed, learner-centered training to meet your career goals.
- Exposure to the culture and social fabric of Francophone and Aboriginal communities.
- Financial support from NOSM for resident travel to and from core clinical placements away from the home base and all mandatory educational activities at non home base locations.
- Accommodation support from NOSM for core rotations away from primary residence.
- Opportunity to participate in research under expert guidance.
- Funding available from NOSM for research, professional development and conferences.
- Access to advanced technology and informatics in residency training.
- 24/7 access to electronic search engines, electronic indexes as well as an extensive collection of electronic medical/health journals and textbooks.
- Exceptional lifestyle balance with a wide variety of outstanding Northern Ontario recreational opportunities
To apply to this program, visit www.carms.ca and select the Northern Ontario School of Medicine's Pediatric program.
Dr. Tara Baron
Program Director, Pediatrics
Coordinator, Postgraduate Specialty Medicine
Tel : (705) 662-7106