How to Apply
Apply online to the Rehabilitation Studies program by using the appropriate online application form below or view the status of your current request.
Online Application Forms
Thank you for applying to the Northern Ontario School of Medicine (NOSM) Rehabilitation Studies/ Northern Studies Stream Program. Please review the following BEFORE starting your application:
- A placement in the North is considered out-of-catchment. You therefore need to discuss your wish to apply with your academic clinical coordinator BEFORE completing an application.
- Only 1 (ONE) application will be allowed per learner per placement term. Once the application has been submitted you will NOT be able to access it again. If your information changes, please advise your NOSM Clinical Coordinator.The application process will take approximately 15-20 minutes. Please ensure that you have adequate time to finish the application completely as you will NOT be able to access the application after exiting the system.
- You are permitted to apply for EITHER a Northeast or Northwest placement. A combination of the two will NOT be accepted. Please note that while all communities are listed, specific health care practitioners or practice areas may not be available in all areas. Please view the attached link to see the communities available for placement. Click on the appropriate link to open up a second browser window to refer to the map when you are making your community choices.
- We encourage you to fill out the comments section including pertinent information such as placement preference and past experiences as it will assist us in placing you. Communities
- You will need the following information to complete the online application
o Full name, FULL address ( including apt #) permanent address (i.e. parents address)
o Community preferences
o Academic Clinical Coordinator information (name & email are mandatory, address is optional)
o Accommodations will ask for choice of roommate where applicable.
Please ensure you click on the “SUBMIT” button before exiting your application. You will then receive an automated response from the NOSM Rehabilitation Studies/ Northern Studies Stream Program within 24 hours.
For general inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.