Faculty Appointment Opportunities
Consider an Appointment in the Division of Clinical Sciences!
With an appointment, faculty enjoy:
- Faculty membership and an appointment with the School
- Regular notices and newsletters regarding activities and developments at the School
- Updates regarding medical advances in Northern Ontario
- Inclusion in a network of health professionals who share similar academic and clinical interests
- Opportunity to provide mentorship for future physicians
- Involvement in the recruitment of colleagues
- Participation in the newest medical school in Canada
- CME credits for participation in teaching and faculty development events
- Use of academic title for grants, promotions, and award applications
- Access to the medical school and University libraries
- Access to NOSM's Alternate Funding Plan Agreement for participating physicians via NOAMA
- Access to the Northern Ontario Health Information Network (NOHIN)
- Access to virtual and in-house academic events at the School
- Access to on-line teaching materials and faculty development sessions
- Wall certificates and plaques in recognition of academic involvement
- Bursary programs and financial support for conference attendance
- Remuneration for many administrative roles within the School
- Stipendiary support for teaching activities
- Academic pricing at University bookstores and microcomputer centres
- Medical school email and intranet accounts
- Literature searching capabilities
- Opportunity to participate in a variety of research initiatives
- Access to the Research Support Group which supports faculty with their research endeavours
- Access to research funds via NOAMA
- A fulfilling and rewarding career.
Many of your colleagues are faculty members... we hope you will join them.
Current faculty members, please visit our MyNOSM site for the latest information regarding the Division of Clinical Sciences (password access required).
For a detailed list of current clinical faculty opportunities at the Northern Ontario School of Medicine, please click here.
V. Dawn Grover
Administrative Coordinator, Clinical Sciences Division