The Northern Ontario School of Medicine’s Awards of Excellence program for staff members was created in 2008 to acknowledge and express appreciation for outstanding contributions made by staff members in the pursuit of the School’s vision of Innovative education and research for a Healthier North.
Staff members are nominated by colleagues, managers, faculty members, Board members, and NOSM learners. This is the seventh time NOSM has presented the staff Awards of Excellence. This year there were 59 nominations received, with a total of 87 different individuals nominated.
On February 26, 2015—during the Hollywood awards season—the awards ceremony was held with a theme of “Honouring our Stars.” This special event acknowledges all nominees who have shown themselves to be shining stars among their colleagues. The late Marc Cecol was recognized posthumously with NOSM Award of Excellence in the Inspiration category. Following Cecol’s nomination being read aloud, the Technology and Information Management Support team at NOSM at Laurentian University in Sudbury accepted the award on behalf of Cecol to an emotional standing ovation from his colleagues.
- Service Excellence - Jason Lind
- Team Player - Karen Tokaryk
- Innovation - Kiri Benson
- Inspiration - Marc Cecol (recognized posthumously)
- Reliability - Carol Delorme
- Leadership - Jennifer Fawcett
- Positive Attitude - Heather Kivi
- Team Effort - Health Sciences Library consisting of Alanna Campbell, Carol Delorme, Donna Brown, Jennifer Dumond, Marian Diamond, Michael McArthur, Sophie Regalado, and Jessie Belanger.