Interlibrary Loan Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ]
Articles often arrive within 24 to 48 hours. Books can take 1 to 4 weeks.
There is no charge to NOSM faculty members, students, residents and staff members. There is a $10.00 cost per item for NOSM Alumni.
- Materials on loan are available for pickup from the circulation desk in the library on either the NOSM Laurentian or NOSM Lakehead campus, unless you specified for it to be delivered off campus.
- In all cases you will be notified by e-mail when the material is available.
These should be returned, with the book bands still affixed to them, to the circulation desk at your home institution.
You can borrow doctoral/masters theses through interlibrary loan if a circulating copy is available.
Yes, overdue interlibrary loans are assessed at the rate of $1 per day.
- Ensure your login information is correct:
- Login = your NOSM username (example dgiroux or jsmith)
- Password = password you created
- Your Library = Choose NOSM Laurentian, Lakehead or Off Campus from the drop-down menu
Your password cannot be retrieved; we can reset your password. Please contact interlibrary loans at:
email@example.com or 807-766-7375
1) If your sign-in error message is "Authentication Declined. Invalid User name and/or Password"
- Enter your NOSM username as your login
- Enter the password you created when you registered in RACER
- Choose NOSM Library as your Library from the drop down menu
- If you still cannot sign in, please contact the Interlibrary Loans Staff
2) If your sign-in error message is "Your Account has expired"
Please contact the Interlibrary Loans Staff at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 807-766-7375 and DO NOT try to re-register.
3) After attempting to submit your request, your error message is: Exception! Message: java.lang.NullPointException
This indicates that you are trying to place a request on an unsupported web browser.
To ensure full functionality of the RACER site:
- for PC - use Internet Explorer 6.0 or 7.0, Firefox 1.0 and higher
- for Mac - use Internet Explorer 5.2, Firefox 1.0 and higher, Safari 1.2 and higher
- Your loan period for books or microforms is 3 weeks from the first e-mail notification confirming its arrival.
- There are no renewals.
- Items "For Use In Library Only" must remain in the Library and be returned to the Service Desk before closing at the end of each day.